Author: Mel Soto
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) Program
All CPS students, regardless of income or citizenship status, are now eligible for food benefits as a result of the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT). These benefits are provided on a card that can be used like a debit card to purchase food at any grocery store that accepts Link cards. Families will receive P-EBT cards automatically and do not need to complete an application. P-EBT cards will be mailed beginning in March to each student’s primary address listed in Aspen.
Action required to ensure families receive P-EBT:
- Schools must ensure student addresses are up-to-date in Aspen.
- If a family doesn’t have an address they want to use, they can request to use the school’s address.
- Their P-EBT card will be mailed to the school where the student’s parent or guardian can pick it up. P-EBT cards cannot be distributed to the student directly.
- Schools need to ensure the parent/guardian for each student signs for the card when they pick it up.
- New benefits will be loaded on P-EBT cards between the 11th and 22nd of each month moving forward through June 2021.
We encourage you to share the letters linked here with your families. Additionally, a robo-call script is available for your use.